Search Classy Blog
In our latest blog, we talked about the most important part of organizing your home office: evaluating your needs and designing your office space to fit your lifestyle. Now that you have your perfect home office- how do you organize it? Try some of these helpful hints:
1. PURGE! That’s right- it’s time to clean out your home office. Get rid of things that you don’t need and that are just taking up space. A general rule to follow is: if you haven’t used it in a year- throw it out! So, throw out those broken pens, old papers and magazines, and any other unwanted office supplies. By keeping things neat, tidy, and efficient you will streamline your office and your time.
2. Clean out your filing system. That’s right… we know nobody ever wants to do this… But, it will be helpful. We promise. It’s time to sort through those endless piles of paper. Shred unimportant files and organize your important ones. Just doing this will give you peace of mind when you walk into your office.
3.Clear off your desk. In order to feel organized your desk to be a clean space. Don’t store office supplies, printers, papers, mail, etc. on top of you desk. Clearing off your desk will make your space less cluttered. When designing your home office make sure you account for enough storage space.
4. One of the more accessible cupboards should include a space for your most current projects. Including incoming mail, bills to be paid, and outgoing mail. Stand-up file folders should help to organize your documents.
5. Clean out your computer. Yep, you’ve cleaned up your physical files and now it’s time to clean out your virtual ones. Spend an evening going through your computer and cleaning it up a bit. Erase old documents that you don’t need and create new files with short and definitive names to store the documents you do need. Name your pictures files by date so that you can easily find a picture you are looking for.
6. Buy a document shredder and a wastebasket for your office. This will help with anything unnecessary piling up around your office. Immediately shred any unwanted mail with personal information and toss the rest.
7. Place a picture or another sentimental piece to make your office feel more personal.
8. Consider carefully how you want to decorate your home office. More than likely you will spend a lot of time here. Consider what type of design elements you want to incorporate and slowly begin to add colors you want to incorporate. For design ideas see this Classy Closets’ blog post, and watch for more like it very soon.
Are you feeling inspired yet?! Okay, go! It’s time to start checking off some of your New Year resolutions. With these easy tips, your home office should be brag-worthy in no time. For more information about our custom-built home offices, visit our website and schedule a free in-home consultation. It’s never been a better time to schedule an appointment for a home office; Classy Closets is currently offering $500 off a custom-designed home office.
The beginning of a new year comes at the perfect time. After months of holidays, parties, eating, and collecting more stuff- January comes around and allows you to slow down, contemplate, and organize your life. Making goals and having a fresh start is infectious. Is one of your goals to become more organized? Over the next few weeks, follow along on the Classy Closets’ blog for some tips and ideas on how to organize different spaces in your home. Today we are tackling the home office.
Your home office may be a small nook in your home or an entire room, but either way- it’s important to keep it organized. We are constantly trying to stay and feel more organized in life and your home office is the epicenter of organization. It stores your calendars, work information, important appointment dates, pictures, and files. If you want to get uber-organized in the new year- your home office is the perfect place to start. Here are some of our best design ideas and organization tips for creating a streamlined and organized office.
1. Evaluate your individual needs. Ask yourself these questions:
-What is this space primarily used for? Work, storage, kids doing their homework?
- Do you have a computer, printer, scanner, copier, or multiple computers?
-Do you need space to spread out your work or do you work primarily from your computer?
-Do you have wires that need to be contained?
-Do you need a built in file system?
-Do you have books to store?
-Is this space a multi-purpose room? Do you need space/storage for other activities or hobbies?
Evaluating the needs of your space is the most important part of organizing your home office. Once you get that done, your half way there!
Classy Closets offers an endless possibility of uniquely designed home offices. We understand that our customers each have different needs. We take time to discuss your needs and wants, and to create the perfect home office for you and your family. If you need a new home office or updates and renovations on an old one, contact Classy Closets for a free in-home consultation.
Happy October, Scottsdale! Fall is finally here- and with it comes the promise of cooler weather, fun-filled holidays, great sports on T.V., and loads of family and friend time. We couldn’t be more excited to welcome fall and everything that comes with it.
Chances are you’re starting to think about getting ready for the holidays and fall visitors. It can be overwhelming to think about beginning to de-clutter and organize your home or to try and create more storage space before your guests arrive. Classy Closets can help! We are experts in helping people get organized for the holidays season. One of our favorite things about fall is helping people to create beautiful home storage solutions just in time for the holidays.
It’s best to start preparing for the holidays earlier rather than later. This will help save you stress and let you have fun while preparing. If you have been wanting to spruce up your home by creating a custom entertainment center or by giving your kitchen or bathroom a face-lift- now would be a great time to contact us.
Recently one of our designers, Lori Hamblin, created these custom masterpieces for one of our customers:
This custom entertainment center streamlines storage and beauty. A custom entertainment center can double or triple the amount of storage space you currently have in your television room. Imagine watching football or a great holiday classic with friends and family around. Creating your dream entertainment center would be the perfect way to start the holidays!
This office space will help you to organize and de-clutter just in time for the holidays. Turn what is an eye-sore space into a sleek and beautiful way to stay organized.
We can’t wait to help you enjoy the holidays! Schedule a free in-home appointment with one of our designers at classyclosets.com or by calling 480-999-3364.
Incorporating mirrors in to the interior design of your home is a great way to brighten and enlarge any space in your home. Mirrors bring light and depth into a room and will essentially act as another window.
You can move mirrors around according to your taste or desire- allowing you to visually enlarge your space. Designer Celia Berliner advises, “The location and placement of the mirror are key when utilizing them- you want to make sure that it will not create undesirable reflections and will allow it to maximize its innate qualities.” Do not place mirrors in front of, or opposite, a cluttered space. Instead, choose a clean and calm space to enhance. You can try arranging multiple mirrors on the same wall, using a large mirror to enhance a small space, and use mirrors in every room of your home. Mirrors are a classic and simple way to enhance the beauty, space, and light of your home and space. Take a look at some of these pictures below for great ideas for mirror design and placement:
Another great way to visually expand the look of your space, add needed light, and additional storage is to create a custom storage solution that incorporate mirrors. You can add mirrors to your custom closet storage solution and add light and space in your master closet, add mirrors on a media/entertainment center, or even on your kitchen cabinets. The possibilities are endless! Mirrors are a great way to incorporate light, visual interest, and design. Take a look at some of these custom storage solutions that incorporate mirrors:
Contact a Classy Closets designer today to set up a free design appointment and start creating a mirrored, custom storage solution for your home today.
Are you feeling ho-hum about your current kitchen? Or even downright discouraged? It can be hard to look around your kitchen and envision it as anything else other than what it is. Whether you see a small, outdated space or old appliances and the wrong color cabinets and countertops- it is possible to transform your space and get the kitchen you dream of. It’s true! No matter what your current space looks like you can create your dream kitchen.
I was watching my favorite channel, The DIY Network, last week and received some serious inspiration from a show called Kitchen Crashers. The host Alison Victoria and her team go in to old, outdated, small, and/or awkward kitchens and restore them- turning them into dream kitchens. This show really proves that anything is possible! Take a look at some of the before and after pictures from their latest show:
The transformation is truly remarkable. I could hardly believe it was the same kitchen! The kitchen received new flooring, cabinets, counter tops, paint and appliances. The new cabinets and counter tops are definitely the show stoppers. The beautiful off-white cabinets lighten and brighten the kitchen, making it look larger. The beautiful marble counter tops are a great contrast to the cabinets and add a rich and luxurious feel to the kitchen.
It’s not time to throw in the towel on your old kitchen. There is so much possibility in any space, and this show proves it! Classy Closets of Scottsdale can help you rediscover your love for your kitchen space. We provide kitchen cabinets, counter tops, and flooring. Classy Closet’s designers are professional and innovative and can help you design the perfect kitchen.
Stop by Classy Closet’s Kitchen and Bath website at: http://www.classykitchenandbath.com/. We look forward to working with you!
| Grand Junction |
North Las Vegas
Salt Lake City