How to Make Your Own Chalkboard
Summer is a time for fun with your kids with projects and activities. Whether it’s going to the pool or indoor board games, taking time to be with your kids is always important. A great project to do with and for your kids is to make personalized chalkboards! They can spruce up bedrooms, kitchens, or even front porches!
What you’ll need:
- A pretty frame (look at flea markets or second hand stores for cool and unique ones)
- Particle board to use as your chalkboard
- Chalkboard paint
- A roller to apply the paint
1. Outline the unique shape of your frame onto the particleboard and use the saw to cut out the shape. (Be sure to keep the saw out of reach of the kids.) If your frame already comes with a board, just sand it down so it’s smooth.
2. Apply the primer to the board. Let dry.
3. Apply the chalkboard paint to the board. (You can either buy chalkboard paint from any home improvement store, or you can make your own with your choice of color with this tutorial via A Beautiful Mess blog.) Let dry for three days before writing on the board.